Resource icon

Eight Things FibroGeek Wished She Had Known About Fibromyalgia

The things FibroGeek lists won't work for everybody but she provides a nice thoughtful approach to some basic things that have really helped her - in particular diet, stretching, pacing, using herbs,

We have fibromyalgia and we need to accept that fact will change things, no matter how much resistance we put up against it. You will no doubt be worried about what kind of life you will have if you have to give up working full time or if you have to stop doing certain things. I think what’s worth bearing in mind is that a life in constant pain and misery is no life.

I have recognized this and been terrible at it for decades:

It’s also worth keeping in mind that nothing is forever. Time out now to focus on your health could mean that you can return to something again in the future. Remember– without your health, you have nothing. Invest in it.

I’ve already mentioned diet, exercise and herbal therapies– which are all important– but equally important are managing stress, slowing down, improving sleep and putting yourself and your health as your priority– don’t push yourself to put everyone before yourself
Author
Cort
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

More resources from Cort

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY