jerk awake at night and tremors

Woozyguy

Hi I have been jerking awake at night and getting a tremor feeling over my body. It feels like when you are shaking if you are very cold. It is transient though as the symptoms come and go they are not permanent. The jerks wake me up and are a bit scary. Has anyone else had these symptoms? Did you find anything that helped them?

madie

My legs used to kick a lot at night, and occasionally I would get random body jerks. Never tremors. I take a standard dose of magnesium glycinate at night, and don't have this problem any more.

Tab

I have fairly severe ME and the shakes nightly. I spend all of my time in a zero-G position except for sleeping. Sometimes I get jerking in the day but it gets much worse when I lay flat and attempt to sleep. It feels like some kind of storm passing over and through me with irresistible waves of trembling and shaking. You can’t fight it. It’s easier to roll with it. Breath work is very helpful. Sometimes I can redirect it with rhythmic movement - co-opt the shakes and entrain it into intentional movement. Once harnessed in this way breathe into it and let it dissipate. It passes, so you just have to ride it out.

As with pain management, fighting it just makes it worse. You have to embrace it and release it through acceptance.

Get Our Free ME/CFS and FM Blog!

Forum Tips

Support Our Work

DO IT MONTHLY

HEALTH RISING IS NOT A 501 (c) 3 NON-PROFIT

Shopping on Amazon.com For HR

Latest Resources